Tuesday 24 June 2014

Day 42 .... eternal sunshine and a spot of bellringing

Yesterday, day 42, was day 5 of continuous hot sunshine. I should be grateful ... but I am not a good hot weather walker! Still, we walked through unique, silent, green limestone country with views crystal clear under the blue. The first photo is from the top of Malham Cove after a steep early morning climb, with only the sounds of birds and adolescent sheep making use of the acoustics. Over to Malham Tarn which shone blue. The second photo is Pen-y-ghent, which has a way of looming its odd shape over all who pass under or over it. We passed under ... I've been over it so many times in my life and it was hot ... We also met many walkers yesterday too and found ourselves walking in a group of seven down Fountains Fell, all chatting.
And then ... how many end-to-enders get to bell ring? We caught the end of the tiny band's practice night and they welcomed us in to the small Norman church for some rounds and call changes and a surprise bit of plain hunting with me inside. I haven't done that for years...

No comments:

Post a Comment