Thursday 5 June 2014

The long view

This is a long long ridge on the edge of the Black Mountains ... today's high level walk, above views so big and wide and clear. I even saw the Bristol Channel again in the far distance. And many wild ponies, mostly tame and on the path, and foals, including one so new and small it was still wobbly. Taking a  journey such as this increases your perspective and a long view ahead is not so long, with patience and strategy. The down side is the getting impatient with the small things! Today is the furthest I have walked in a week. The acute tendonitis is very much on the mend having rested and walked short days this past week. I am now walking south for three days, which plays havoc with the map case, and sunglasses are now essential. I'm making up the distance on the part of the path I've missed. Then if all goes to plan it's back northwards on Monday, with nothing missed out. Fortunately I've only been asked once where I'm going. 'Scotland' as an answer doesn't quite make sense ... The last time I was up on today's ridge was in ice and remnants of snow. And many memories of walks and people surround this landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment