Monday 30 June 2014

Day 49 - the first view of Scotland!

Said goodbye to the Lakes this morning under a blue blue sky. Into the Skiddaw/Blencathra wilderness with a wilder, emptier feel. I stopped by a little bothy called the Lingy Hut, then turned north up High Pike and was met with the clearest view of the Solway Firth and the Galloway hills. And a complete Pennine line, and behind, Skiddaw looming dark. I was so excited at seeing Scotland I lost the path on the way down, but met a group of kids and their teachers who were very helpful, and turned it into a 'does anyone know where Lands End is?' lesson. One little boy got it right. I don't set foot in the blessed country for another 6 days though. Gotta go back to the middle. I sense I am not making life easy for myself. The second photo is of the viewing point on top of the trigpoint. Only 292 miles to London....

No comments:

Post a Comment